Last week prompts for My 500 Words Challenge included the question, “What would you tell your younger self?” and today’s prompt is to make a list. So I’m mixing both. It is an interesting question, hard to find one answer to it let alone 38 things! But I’m crazy enough to try to come up with them. Why 38? Because that’s my age.
Younger Self Listen Up To This Things:
- God is good.
- Smile. I tend to have a straight face most of the time.
- Floss. Everyday! No excuses.
- Draw. You like it, so continue to do it. I don’t even remember why I stopped.
- Learn to dance. It will be handy someday.
- Pray more.
- Follow your gut.
- Talk. Yes, I know you can talk! But what I mean is start a conversation, don’t wait for the other person talk to you first. Talk to your friends, I bet you they will be glad to hear from you. Which lead me to:
- Get out of your shell. You are shy, I get it. But a little interaction with people won’t hurt you.
- Push your limits or should I say know that the sky’s the limit.
- Make writing a habit. It will save me time in the future and it will clear your head.
- Learn to play an instrument, besides the recorder.
- Go out! Instead of staying home, go out with your friends.
- Stay weird, in a good way. Don’t be like everyone else. Be you.
- Run Forrest Run! Do not let go of running. Get your butt out of bed and go for a run.
- Don’t silence your inner child. Keep curiosity alive.
- You are worthy. Hey, trust me on this one.
- You are beautiful. If you don’t believe me ask around. Embrace your uniqueness.
- Don’t worry, a person that will love you above and beyond will come at the right time.
- Expelled negative people out of your life.
- Travel, travel, travel.
- Let go of the hurt.
- Forgive and try to forget.
- Be a blessing to others.
- Learn to be grateful at all times.
- Hard times don’t last forever.
- Don’t be afraid to flourish. It is ok, just look at the flowers.
- Enjoy food.
- Keep a journal.
- Don’t be so naive.
- Keep empathy by your side.
- Always say I love you to the ones you love.
- Hug more.
- Family first, work second.
- Do not stop learning. Learn something new.
- Forget everything I just told you.
Yes, you heard me. Perhaps I would tell my younger self all of that. But, all of the mistakes and adversities faced are the ones that have made me who I am now. So I wouldn’t change a thing. One change in a simple event and probably my life would be completely different from the one I have now and I love my life. All the friends I made along the way, the jobs that I had, the places I visited, the people I’ve met, the animals that I have love, all the unfortunate events, and all the serendipities strokes, my family, the life I’m living had been made possible by all I’ve done. Not better, not worst.
Those 37 things are things I’m still working on, but now I’m conscious of it.
What would you say to your younger self?